May 17, 2010

Pet Peeves

We all have them but I had one of my buttons pushed today.  I was having a discussion with my husband and he hung up on me.  I called him right back & made some threats in what was actually a pleasant tone.  Have to watch out for me when I speak in that oh so sweet tone.  His excuse was that he didn't want to yell at me and the few seconds that it took for me to call back allowed him to calm down.  Personally I would have rather that he yelled.  I absolutely hate being hung up on but I can sure yell back.

I have a few other pet peeves also.  They include people calling me for information without a way to write it down, cars with their music up so loud that it rattles the windows in my house,  drivers that seem to think that they need to 25 mph on the freeway when it rains (this is washington, it always rains), adult that have little or no control over their kids and folks that are just plain rude.  Do you have any that you would like to share?

Oh and the bee above..well I think that it is rude when they buzz me but that is more of a phobia

4 comments:

  1. My pet peeve is when people ask "How is your day?" Then of couse, they don't wait for your response! They just go right into what ever is on there mind! Don't ask if you don' want to know...I am ok with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know. When someone asks, I automatically try to answer just to be cut off. Why do they ask unless they want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What she doesn't mention about bees is that she's allergic and refuses to carry anything with her that might counteract a sting. What would you call Russian roulette with bees, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to agree with the hanging up scenario. Makes my blood boil.
    Another is when you are trying to tell someone something and they either interrupt to tell their story that's better or completely ignore you.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat! I really appreciate your taking the time.