Feb 11, 2012

Sneak Peak

The Conference of the Birds by Habiballah
Page from a manuscript of the Mantiq al-Tayr (The Language of the Birds) of Farid al-Din `Attar
 ca. 1600; Safavid Iran (Isfahan)
Opaque watercolor, ink, silver, gold on paper
10 x 4 1/2 in. (25.4 x 11.4 cm)
 
I just love this piece of artwork and it is the inspiration for the February Art Bead Scene challenge.  I kinda knew what I wanted to make but it didn't work out.  Obviously I needed some new beads to inspire me so I went shopping on Etsy and found a new to me lampwork artist Rosemarie Hanus and her wonderful shop Spawn of Flame.  I mean look at these beads that I picked up!  How can I not be inspired.
 
 
 
As soon as they arrive and I make my pretty I will be sure to share it with you all. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh her beads are so pretty! Stop that >.< I just got a new batch in and I even ordered myself a ring... can't buy anymore goodies this month! lol

    They are gorgeous though :) Can't wait to see the new piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Great choice of art beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaiha,
    Thank you for sharing Rosemarie's etsy shop I have saved it as a favorite, cause when I get more mad money that is where I'm going. Those are gorgeous beads and I'm looking forward to seeing your finished piece.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat! I really appreciate your taking the time.